Vollies Photo 1959

Gerritsen Beach Volunteer Firefighters, Dec. 6, 1959. Bottom row, left to right, Henry Swensen, Chick Evans, Bill Barrett, Charlie Hodgett, Frank Corr, Lee Jackson, Jimmy Ficarelli. Middle row, left to right,?, Artie DeMello, ?, Ray McCloskey, Hochey Haughststter, Howard Flatten, ?  Top row: left to right, Charlie Morrison, Harry Leslie, Steve Stark, Artie Barlow, Artie Corr, Ollie Colley, ? (Photographer, Scotty Arscott. Courtesy Mary Flatten)

6 Comments

IRENEFLYNN IRENEFLYNN

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

Yes thats my Uncle Bill Barrett. He was married to Anne Reid.
Bob C Bob C

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

Thank Irene for helping us identify your uncle Bill Barrett.
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.
MaryW MaryW

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

My Dad,  Howard Flatten had this photo hanging up in his home in Florida along with the other group shot from 1959.  He was very proud to be a member of the "Vollies".   When he passed I took them and had them posted on GB Memories.  Glad that they made it here.
Mary (Ginny) Flatten Wood
Bob C Bob C

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

Welcome to the site Mary, we tried to salvage all the great history on GM seeing that GM will never be revived because Marret isn't up to it anymore. This site is just an extension of GM we are adding new stuff all the time to go with all of Marret's treasures.
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.
GBenecke GBenecke

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

I can help here:
back row: Charlie Morrison, Harry Leslie, Steve Stark, Artie Barlow, Artie Corr, Ollie Colley, ?
2nd row: ? Artie Demello, ?, Ray McCloskey, Hockey Haughstatter, Howie Flatten, ?
Seated: Henry Swensen, Chick Evans, Bill Barrett, Charlie Hodgetts, Frank Corr, Lee Jackson, Jim Ficarelli
Bob C Bob C

Re: Vollies Photo 1959

Thank you George I added all your corrections.
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.