Mr Rich Reilly with NYPD 1950's

Mr Rich Reilly Sr. with NYPD 1950's. He was on the force from 1947-1968,he had multiple assignments,he walked a beat in the 72nd and 76th pct in Brooklyn. He was also mounted cop with troop E with posts in Coney Island and in Harlem. (Courtesy Ed and Rich Reilly)

2 Comments

Jim O'Hagan Jim O'Hagan

Re: Mr Rich Reilly with NYPD 1950's

MR.Reilly was not only a good husband a good father and a good cop,he was a good man,he was one of the best coaches in GB little league and later on in the cadet baseball along with Harry Ahearn he not only taught us to be better ballplayers but better men,he taught us discipline,sportsmanship and teamwork,he told us that if we worked hard we could succeed and when we won he taught us to win with humility,then as i grew older i realized
that what he taught us was not just about baseball it was a way of life and it is something i have tried to instill in my sons and also my grandchildren,and over the years MR. Reillys ears must have been ringing because i thanked him silently for all the things he taught me many years ago,so thank you MR.Reilly you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Jim Cooney Jim Cooney

Re: Mr Rich Reilly with NYPD 1950's

Though I didn't play for the cadets I learned a lot from Mr. Reilly. He always had time to talk things over if something was bothering you. Mr Reilly and Mr Galvin were always at the Saturday night dances keeping the peace.