GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

The 1963 GB Hurricanes were 8-0 and won the Championship.
Here are some of the players by number #00 Bill Fetter,
#1 Patrick Roach, #19 Jim Roach, #41 Mike Kirk
Rear left is coach Bobby LaRocca and on right is coach Dave
Shimshiener (Courtesy Mike Kirk)

5 Comments

Robert Bernard Robert Bernard

Re: GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

I remember this team well .I played ball with this group of guys for a couple of years - . guys like Gallagher , Sachs, Staines,Roach and Fetter -and the list  goes on . I remember going to Florida a few times with them. Wow those were the days. Thank you Hurricanes and Gerritsen Beach for these memories  .  Rob Bernard
Bob C Bob C

Re: GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

Robert can you identify some of the players for us.
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.
Robert Bernard Robert Bernard

Re: GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

I believe that i have most of these correct, if not then someone please tell me , thank you
 #30 -Eugene  Gallagher , #29-Steve Londis,#16 Mark Chery,#17 Howie Markowitz,#19 Jim Roche
#13 Alan Sachs,#00 Billy Fetter, #37 Ferris, # 39 Steve Pasqualone, #1 Pat Roche,#22-Thomas Staines
#31Denny Ledunn ,#33 Mike Farina and me #42 Rob Bernard(absent for picture)- this is what I remember at a glance . If anyone remembers more
please add to the list
Bob C Bob C

Re: GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

Thank you Robert you did a great job.
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.
mcneillr mcneillr

Re: GB Hurricanes 1963 Champs

I think I was 24, I think 12 was Mike Donavon