squatters on Plum Beach. Courtesy Mary Ray Redmond

4 Comments

Kristina Kristina

Re: 1935 aerial view of GB, Plum Beach and surrounding waters

My grandmother grew up here, and to find these older photos is such a blessing to me <3 thank you for sharing
Bob C Bob C

Re: 1935 aerial view of GB, Plum Beach and surrounding waters

Hi Kristina
Who is your grandmother and where did she live in Gerritsen Beach.
Bob Catherwood

On Monday, February 17, 2014, Kristina [via OurGerritsenBeach.Com Photo Gallery] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My grandmother grew up here, and to find these older photos is such a blessing to me <3 thank you for sharing

To start a new topic under Gerritsen Beach Homes, email ml-node+s1062859n4776965h63@...
To unsubscribe from OurGerritsenBeach.Com Photo Gallery, click here.
NAML
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.
Kristina Kristina

Re: 1935 aerial view of GB, Plum Beach and surrounding waters

Hi Bob, My grandmother is Dolores Mummery, her siblings were Elizabeth, Audrey, Gloria, Georgette, and John. They lived on Aster court. My grandmas best friend was Betty Patterson, when they turned 18 they joined Clyde Beatty Cole Bros circus as Ariel Acrobats. Betty wrote a book about her early life in Gerritsen beach and about life with the circus, in it she mentions places her and my grandmother hung out. The Itch, The Sugar Bowl, the chicken coop, etc. Most my grandmothers family stayed in New York, and I believe Audrey married with the last name Giordano, and stayed on Aster Crt.
Kristina

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Bob C [via OurGerritsenBeach.Com Photo Gallery] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kristina
Who is your grandmother and where did she live in Gerritsen Beach.
Bob Catherwood

On Monday, February 17, 2014, Kristina [via OurGerritsenBeach.Com Photo Gallery] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My grandmother grew up here, and to find these older photos is such a blessing to me <3 thank you for sharing

To start a new topic under Gerritsen Beach Homes, email ml-node+s1062859n4776965h63@...
To unsubscribe from OurGerritsenBeach.Com Photo Gallery, click here.
NAML
The Beach was paradise for us kids, what a nice place to grow up.

To unsubscribe from 1935 aerial view of GB, Plum Beach and surrounding waters, click here.
NAML

Bob C Bob C